I write various scripts for myself. You can access them all at https://github.com/thebombzen/scripts. Well, not all of them. But the ones I chose to publish.
- exsorttar - Sorts a directory tree by file extension to greatly improve the compression ratio. Spawned from this StackOverflow question.
- randomword - Gives you a random word from the small dictionary. Pretty self-explanatory.
- translate-ass - Translates an ASS subtitle file into English using the trans command, which is typically available from the repositories. trans uses Google Translate over the internet to do the translating by default.
- playass - Plays a video file with ASS subtitles using ffplay, a component of the FFmpeg project. This script is Deprecated because you can accomplish the same thing with MPV, but it's still around for translate-playass.
- translate-playass - A combination of translate-ass and playass. It extracts the ass file, translates it, and then plays the translated file. Because translating takes a long time, it locally caches the translated file and does not remove it, unlike playass.
- make-tumblr-gif - This is the shell script precursor to TumblGIFifier. This takes a video file and automatically scales it down to a GIF between 1.9 and 2.0 MB, suitable for use on Tumblr, which has a 2.0 MB limit on GIF size. I used to use it to create GIFs on theblogzen, my personal anime tumblr.